Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Appointment with the Radiation Dr and Nurse


I'll probably go back 10/25 for the results of her "plan of action."  At that time, I can look at their calendar and pick a time that will be my time till the end of the year.  For those days I miss during the holidays, they tack them onto the end.  It'll either be 6 or 8 weeks, 5 days a week. 
Left Breast Tumor Area Gets Radiation


                         














She said, the more water I drink, the more the chemo will leave the system and the faster the hair and nails will grow back in.  She said Chemo will hang around a long time if I don't drink water.

She also said Aloe is about the only thing that will relieve the symptoms of radiation.  Don't waste money on creams, just use Aloe. 

The whole daily process, from walking in to walking out, should only take 30 minutes, that includes undressing and dressing.  I'll lay on a hard table, arms up over the head and then it only takes a minute for the radiation thing to hit its target.  The only side affects are to the areas themselves and it could be okay or it could be real bad (burning).  I really don't give a shit.  What will be will be, said Doris Day.




They'll target the left lymph node area since that's where one was positive.
They'll also target the area on the shoulder between the shoulder and
the neck because that's where cancer jumps next.






February of '11, I'll return to the Cardiologist to see if the Chemo or
Radiation did
any damage to my heart.  I saw him about 6 weeks ago and he seemed
to think I was navigating pretty well.  The Radiation should stay well
away from the heart. 
That's all I know for now and this computer is making me nuts; can't get anything to stay where I put it, changes colors on me, I just give up on the damned thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment