Friday, November 12, 2010

Port was Removed Monday

The Port came out Monday.
It wasn't what I thought.
It was plastic and a "skinny" hose about a foot and a half long, went up my arm and down into my chest.  Phew, glad that stupid thing is gone.

It was kind of interesting.
As I was walking down the corridor to get to the in/out surgery room, everybody kept saying "congratulations, congratulations."  I guess "getting the Port out is a milestone."

Energy is returning. 

Wow, my wig sure looks better than this hair. 

Start radiation next Wednesday.  It'll probably last till the first week of January, then I'm freeeeeee.  Actually,
I'll start a pill that will last 5 years.  I think that's all.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like you are finding the light at the end of the tunnel. I bet it's a relief to start getting weaned off the drugs. I'll add to the Congrats!

    Scott might be booted out of the "Club" since he's been working like a dog for the last 3 months. He's in northern Nevada working on the natural gas Ruby Pipeline near the Oregon border. I've gone to visit him 3 times now. There's some pretty country up there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, things are getting better everyday. It is a relief to get off the drugs. It's also a relief to see the finger nails start growing. I need some more length to get rid of the discoloration and the part that is detatched from the skin. Ugh.

    Scott better watch it. Craig and are I are ruthless entrepreneurs. We will give him the ax at any given moment when we decide he's been over the fence too long. When he turns into a "suit", it's over. Please give him duly warning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Consider him warned! I don't think you have to worry about the suit, unless it's a snow suit. He's in the middle of a blizzard up there right now.

    ReplyDelete