Saturday, November 20, 2010

Radiation begins......

Started radiation Wednesday.
Machine broke down Thursday.
Resumed Friday.

I get a CT scan first, then the radiation.
Takes about 13 minutes altogether.

I walk in, hand the guy my ID, slip into
the dressing room, change from the
waist up, go sit in a chair, they call me,
I lay down on the machine, they push
and pull till I'm in there right, then the
bed moves halfway into the donut.

It sounds like I'm laying in the middle
of a kid's choo choo train track. 
It sounds like a little choo choo train is
going round and round and round.

They said the effect is cumulative and I'll get more and more tired as we go. 

This picture is of a different type machine than I go into.  It's close enough.

My appt is 4:20 every weekday.  I cannot wear deodorant or skin lotion.  I said, "Why not."
They said, "Because you'll catch on fire." 





No comments:

Post a Comment