Monday, August 23, 2010

This is How I Felt Yesterday

I crashed about 3PM. Just couldn't put on the wig and go out into the heat to a grocery store, fight the "for perception" stockboys with their big rolling carts piled with crates of produce, filling the peppers, potatoes, lettuce - just at the time the crowd comes in on a Sunday and can't get their shopping carts down the aisles. Then come home, put things away, wash produce, prepare a meal - I just couldn't do it anymore. I decided to let it all go in the name of laying on the couch and cuddling Scatter Cat. Nothing seemed as important as cuddling Scatter Cat. So we layed on the couch and cuddled. My wonderful Fred went to Smiths and got what we needed for dinner Monday and Tuesday, then went to El Polo Loco and got dinner for Sunday. So there, drama over. Sundays have always been too much. It's a marathon and I never enjoy the dinner because I'm exhausted. The exhaustion with my friend Chemo is different. It involves way too much emotion. I was crying in the shower because I didn't want to put on the wig and battle the heat, etc. I just wanted to cuddle Scatter Cat. Something hit me at that moment. If I continued to cry in the shower, I could lose my balance, fall, break a hip and be in a real fix. Or, I could stop crying in the shower, get out, get dressed - it only takes a few minutes now that I don't have hair to coif, then grab Scat Cat and go downstairs and lay on the couch. So, that's what I did and we soaked up each others goo. No more crying in the shower. That's where mental light bulbs occur. There will be many more, I'm sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment