Friday, August 6, 2010

WE TOOK THE WEEK OFF

We're at the Shakespeare Festival in Cedar City, Utah. This is a good week, the one prior to treatment #3, on Monday, 8/9. Then, Tuesday is the Neulesta shot and I'll feel like I have the flu for the day. Then, we'll see if the decrease in the Taxotere and the extra steroids will keep the sides of the hands from burning. Man, that first week is lousy. I don't even want to cook, shop, anything. It'll probably be our Panda Express, El Pollo Loco week.
Through this hand burning experience, I did find this killer moisturizer called "Lindi". I found it on Google, bought some and it came from New York City, then I found out the Nevada Cancer Institute has the whole line in their gift shop so I bought almost the whole line. They even have a bath gel that works real well on my poor bald head. They have eye gel, face gel, hand cream, body cream, and it's all real deep acting and absorbent.
This last week before treatment is really quite normal, with the exception of the fancy head gear and the smashing wig which I'm getting pretty good at whipping on in a minute. I had a massage this afternoon while Fred played golf. It was probably the best I've ever had. It felt so good on the hands and feet - he even worked on my head and face. Yes, he. I was a little apprehensive but it was an out-of-body experience some of the time.
We're going to a mountain steak house tonight for dinner before the play. I'll probably have wine. Wine does NOT work at all the week of treatment or the week after. But, this week it's rather elegant. After some wine and a steak, and a massage, I'll probably sleep through the play.

2 comments:

  1. Hope you had a good time and glad you are having a good week! I'll look into the Lindi products, sounds like it will be good for dry skin. Tell me about the festival. I've never been, but I love Shakespeare and live theater!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you both had a lovely week off. You both deserve it. You're massage sounds dreamy. Isn't it wonderful to find a good moisturizer? Almost rates as high on the scale as a good husband!!
    Hugs and kisses to you! It's dreadfully humid here in Minnesota ~ so thankful you don't have to deal with that in Las Vegas.

    ReplyDelete