Sunday, September 19, 2010

Fingernails are Becoming a Problem....

This will be tonight's dream, for sure
One of my chemo's is Taxotere.  It's notorious for turning fingernails black, loosening the nail from the skin, and the nail eventually falling off.   I just found this out. I've had polish on my fingernails and toenails for the past week and had no clue.  I took off the fingernail polish today and noticed the loosening part is in the middle of the nail.  It's sort of at the front of the nail too.  At the cuticle, it's growing in ripply but solid.

I found on-line a blog that gave advise about Taxotere fingernails.

I really don't care what anybody thinks
Tomorrow, I'm taking two baggies of frozen peas and a pair of latex gloves.  The blog said to keep the fingernails in the frozen peas during the Taxotere drip which is about 45 minutes.  Consider it done.  The blog said the frozen peas will keep the Taxotere from getting to the blood in the fingers.


Oh, when I make our sandwiches tomorrow morning, I'm going to add the "secret ingredient" used by the chef at the MGM Grand.  On his sandwiches (AND ON HIS FETTUCCINI ALFREDO!!), he sprinkles a little powder out of a Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing Package.  On the sandwiches, he just sprinkles it on the mayo.  Tonight, I'm making Fettuccini Alfredo.   Definitely going to use his secret ingredient on that too.
(Whoever is holding that packet of Ranch Dressing doesn't appear to be on Taxotere). 

1 comment: