Friday, September 10, 2010

WOKE UP FEELING GOOOOOOD TODAY!!!

The hives finally subsided Wednesday and by Thursday, I was waking up clean.  Fortunately, I didn't have anything to do so I just took my anti-anxiety meds in the morning with a cup of coffee to get it going, sat out in the shade with Scatter and rubbed some lotion on my legs.  Read cooking magazines, ripped out good recipes, shopped, cooked some bitchen grub and went into the office daily but about 1:00 and only for a couple hours.  I think that's going to be my new routine. 

I had to go into the institute Tuesday afternoon for a blood draw.  I asked the nurse what would have caused the hives and she said chemo doesn't cause hives.  Well, so much for that. 

My next appt with the oncologist is Friday, 9/17.  I have an appt with Chris the trainer on Thursday, the day before.  I may very well push the envelope and punch that punching bag again on Thursday.  Then, if that caused the stirring up inside which caused the hives, I'll be able to see the oncologist, don't know why that matters..   I just think it was the sirring up from the activity on post-chemo week.  And, that chemo does cause a lot of stuff; what the heck does that nurse know. 

My gut feeling is, post-chemo week should be laid low, low energy output.  Mid-chemo week, the energy can start to accelerate and by the end of mid-chemo week, coffee tastes good and I can breathe again.  Pre-chemo week it's kick-ass time.  That's next week.  Yay!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you're getting it all figured out.....just about when it's getting over, but getting it over is a very good thing! Happy pre-chemo week!!!

    ReplyDelete