Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Feeling Pretty Good Today, so far.....

Even last night, after the Neulasta shot, I felt pretty regular. No sore muscles, no chills, no weakness. I cooked spaghetti - it wasn't all that good but I got the job done.
Yesterday, I took the last two Steroid pills in the morning and at noon, and had the balls to stop by Starbucks after the Neulasta shot. The Java Chip Frappuccino mixed with the Steroids probably put me into the stratosphere and I overshot the flu-like symptoms. I went back to work and everything was fine. Just wired to the hilt. Kind of like the 60's. Slept fine, of course with help from the drugs they give me.
I'll skip Dr Milne's vitamin drip this time around. One of the ladies in Pilates class told me about Trader Joe's "Emergen-C", many flavors in packets. 24 nutrients with antioxidants and electrolytes and 7 B vitamins. I'll start taking it after the last treatment (10/11). She went through chemo too, and said this stuff boosts her imune system and she feels great. It's cheaper than Dr Milne's vitamin drip too.
We'll see how long this nice feeling lasts. I may need another Frappuccino to keep it going.

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear the Frappacino/Emergen-C combo worked for you. Did you get a chance to speak with the pharmacist about the vitamin drip? I'm curious to hear what he said.

    ReplyDelete