Wednesday, June 30, 2010

HOLY COW! THE COST OF PILLS TO NOT PUKE!

Fred picked up an anti-nausia prescription for me - ZOFRAN. That's the real name. Naturally, we got the generic which is a real long name that I can't be bothered writing here. We paid $5 for the generic through Fred's insurance. According to the receipt, we saved a whopping $649.00 by going with the generic. Oh, and this is for TWENTY pills. If I feel nausia coming on, take a pill. Wait 8 hours, if it still feels the same, take another one. So far, nothing. The pill bottle is always with me, no matter where I go, just in case.

4 comments:

  1. Hey, you probably won't need 'em this time round. But let me tell you, you'll be glad you lugged those pills around when you do need 'em! Love you! Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey JoAnn - Sounds like you are doing well! I think you definitely need to go indoors for Toddy Tuesday though.......those misters can only do so much! Kelli

    ReplyDelete
  3. HSTompkins,
    You're scaring me.
    I am thinking that maybe I won't get nausia.
    Now, maybe it's just this round of therapy that will avoid it. A friend of Fred's said, stay with that nausia medicine - she let it go and had to go back into the chemo room and have it through the baggie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've spoken with people who get through chemo without horrible side effects. We'll hope your one of them!

    ReplyDelete